News Magazine

Thursday 23 May 2013

Blame Nasarawa governor for killings – Community head


CaptureThe Spiritual Head of Lakyo community in Nasarawa State, Ala Agu, on Wednesday said that Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura should be blamed for the recent killing of security operatives in the state.

Agu also said that contrary to reports that he is on the run, he was yet to receive any police invitation for questioning over the unfortunate incident.
Agu spoke through an interpreter called Allu Maga.He noted that the governor deployed armed policemen and other security operatives to Lakyo to kill him over an issue he knew nothing about.
The spiritual head spoke when Senator Solomon Ewuga (Nasarawa North) toured Lakyo community in company of other community leaders.
Agu insisted that he did not know how the security operatives died.
He noted that he was informed that the operatives were instructed to come and kill him.
He also said that he never forced anybody to be initiated into the Ombatse cultural group.
He said, “I am grateful for your coming, Senator. I am very, very grateful for your coming. Even if the Senator did not come here, I had intended to go and see him in his house but since he is here, I am very grateful.
“It is the governor that asked the people (Police officers) to come here and arrest me, cut my head and take my head to him.
“When they came, because they were themselves drunk, my god did not allow them to come to me and they died on the way.
“The question I ask is, has the governor ever invited me and I refused to go? But he sent people to come and kill me and to destroy Lakyo as a whole. “

No comments:

Post a Comment